This last weekend I made a delightfully tasty sandwich for dinner. I call it a Pesto Chicken sandwich. It is nothing extravagant or complicated, it’s rather simple and quick to make, but it makes a great lunch or dinner when you pair it with a pasta salad or maybe some potato chips. The bread I used for the sandwich was homemade ciabatta bread that I made from scratch. It paired really nicely with this sandwich but any bread that you prefer would taste great. Try this tasty dish out and let me know what you think! 🙂
- Bread slices (any you prefer)
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied
- 1 pkg. Knorr Pesto sauce
- ¼ C Greek yogurt
- Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese anything you wish to garnish your sandwich
- Place your butterflied chicken breast on a grill and let cook until it gets the nice black charred marks on both sides. Make sure to sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic and cook all the way through.
- While your chicken is cooking, prepare your pesto sauce according to the packaged directions.
- Mix some Greek yogurt into your finished pesto sauce. Place one butterflied chicken breast onto a slice of bread and brush on lots of your pesto/Greek yogurt sauce.
- On the other slice of bread place a slice of cheese of your preference as well as any garnish you would enjoy.
- Place the two slices of bread together and ENJOY!