Valentine’s Day was this past weekend and yes I am a sucker for Valentine’s Day! 🙂 I love all the love in the air. My hubby is so sweet to me every day…hehe but he pulls all the strings on Valentine’s Day. Meaning, he always makes me a delicious dinner, picks out and watches sweet sappy romantic movies with me and he gets me beautiful flowers. This year he also planned a romantic train ride to Mount Rainer. He really is so great, I sure do love him hehe. 🙂
I made a nice tasty EASY dinner this weekend. You must try it if you love Philly Cheesesteaks and green peppers. I call this dinner Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. Jesse ate three of these in one sitting because he liked it so much. I don’t think this meal could come together any faster or be any easier. You must try it out and let me know what you think.
- 2 Green Peppers
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- ½ C Mushrooms, diced
- ¼ C of a Yellow Onion, diced
- Roast beef, I just used the carving board lunch meat kind
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a frying pan, place some olive oil, your onions and mushrooms on medium heat and cook until the mushrooms and onions are nice and soft. Season with some salt, pepper and garlic.
- While your mushrooms and onions are cooking, cut your two peppers in half and take out the seeds and veins.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese inside each pepper.
- Then put a spoonful of your onion and mushroom mixture in each of the peppers.
- Next, place a good amount of your roast beef in each pepper so it seems to be overflowing.
- Then place one more slice of cheese on each pepper and place it in a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for about 15-20 mins until the cheese is nice and bubbly.