Just the other day it snowed 3 inches here! It was amazingly beautiful and peaceful. Growing up in AZ I never really got the opportunity to see snow fall or snow on the ground. When I went to college up north in AZ, I fell in love with the snow seasons. There is nothing more beautiful, to me, than seeing the bare trees covered in white snow, or the bushes no longer green, but white from snowflakes, and mostly I love the snow because of the quiet peacefulness it brings with it. For some reason whenever it is snowing it just seems like everything stands still and there is no noise outside. I LOVE that J (is it just me who feels that way haha!) Anyway, the snow was so fun to play in and the dogs were having a ball prancing around in it in our backyard. I am sad to see the snow melting already but I guess that’s what I get when I live in Seattle.
I have all of a sudden become some kind of super domestic women this weekend….I mean I made my own butter, yogurt, and applesauce. I also made lunch for the week for Jesse and I, dinner for the next two days, a fresh loaf of dill bread, and I made a delicious Cream Cheese pound cake for Jesse and I to enjoy for breakfast for the week. I have been really interested in making my own things like butter and applesauce, to see if it really saves Jesse and I some money. (If you know me, I’m always trying to save a buck where ever I can.) We just went grocery shopping this weekend and it was fun to pass by regularly purchased items thinking in the back of my mind, I’m going to make my own. J
Like I said, I made a Cream Cheese Pound Cake for breakfast this week. I may have had a little sliver of it last night because I couldn’t resist. 😉 Let me tell you, it was probably the most delicious pound cake I have ever had. Seriously, I don’t know why I liked it so much, maybe it was the denseness of the cake, maybe it was the slight sweetness it had, or maybe it was because I got to cook it in my new bundt cake pan, but whatever the reason, I highly recommend you try this cake out and let me know what you think.
- 1 C Butter, softened
- ½ C Buttermilk (If you don’t have buttermilk, use an extra ½ C butter in its place)
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 C Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 C All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 T. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together your softened butter and cream cheese.
- Add in your buttermilk; make sure you are beating this at a low speed so the buttermilk doesn’t fly everywhere.
- Next, add in your sugar and combine all the ingredients together until nice and fluffy.
- Then add in your eggs one at a time, mixing the egg into the batter well before adding in the next egg.
- Once all your eggs are mixed into your batter, sift in your three cups of flour, then add salt, and your vanilla.
- Make sure everything is well combined.
- Take your 10in budnt cake pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour your batter into the cake pan and place in the 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 40 mins.
- Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.