I have recently (well I guess it has been about 3 years now) become allergic to tomatoes. I have no idea why this random food makes me feel really ill, but unfortunately it does. That means no more of my grandma’s great pasta dishes, no more tomato pizza’s, no more tomatoes on salads and burgers…it really is a sad story! I use to really enjoy having lasagna, but I can’t anymore 😦 The dinner I made the other night is inspired by my love for lasagna, except it doesn’t have any tomatoes in it, YAY! Be for-warned, this dish does take some prep time, but I mean if you are making lasagna, then you have to expect to take some time making the dish. I just call them Chicken and Bacon Lasagna Roll-Ups. Try them out; let me know what you think! 🙂
- 6 lasagna pasta noodles
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 C Alfredo sauce
- ½ C Ricotta Cheese
- ½ C Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Chicken breast, diced into bite sized pieces
- Broccoli florets (cut up into smaller pieces)
- CHEESE! Lots of it! Mozzarella, Parmesan, really any cheese will work.
- Cook your 6 lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Once they are finished cooking, place on a baking dish to cool. (Or at least get to a temperature where you can handle them.)
- While your pasta is cooking, place your three bacon strips on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven on 350 for about 10 mins. Once done, set on a paper towel to drain excess grease. Break into little pieces.
- Cut your chicken breast into bite size pieces and place in a well-oiled frying pan on medium high heat until the chicken is cooked fully. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and any other spice you may enjoy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, broccoli, a handful of the cheese of your choice, about ½ C Alfredo sauce, a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic and some more parsley.
- Once those are mixed together get your cooled lasagna noodles and place some of the ricotta filling on the lasagna. Top with some bacon bits, some chicken, and a little more cheese.
- Roll them up and place them into a casserole dish. I used a square casserole dish, but any size would work. Make sure to spread some of your Alfredo sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish so the lasagna rolls don’t stick.
- Continue filling each lasagna roll with all the goodies.
- Once all 6 are filled and placed into your casserole dish. Spread the remaining of your Alfredo sauce and sprinkle some more cheese on top.
- Pop in the 350 degree oven for about 30 mins. Until everything is nice and hot!
(I served mine with a side of fresh garlic bread from my bread machine I got for Christmas! It was a yummy addition to this dish!!)