This weekend was a nice relaxing weekend for Jesse and I. It was the first time Jesse was able to sleep in since…. I can’t even remember the last time he was able to sleep in…. So while Jesse was cuddling up in our nice warm bed, I was preparing a delicious breakfast for the two of us. (More on that in another post) Finally I think Jesse couldn’t sleep through the delcious smells coming from the kitchen so he woke up and we actually were able to enjoy breakfast together in who knows how long. It was so relaxing and so enjoyable to be in the company of my wonderful hubby! 🙂 We did lots of chores around the house, visited 2 week old puppies, saw Saving Mr. Banks at this adorable old historic theatre, went out to dinner and cooked and baked lots this weekend. I am really looking forward to this up coming weekend already because it’s a three day weekend!! YES! 🙂
but anyway….. on to food now….. 😉
If you are like me, then you get bored of bringing the same ol’ thing to work for lunch every day! It’s either some sort of sandwich, a salad, maybe some leftovers, or on occasion you bring soup…boring!! Luckily, I have started planning out lunches along with the dinner menu I plan every month. I tend to pick things that I can make a bunch of at one time and then freeze so it will last longer, or I just pick things that will last a while in the fridge. This is where my Ham and Cheese Bites come into play. I put these on the menu and Jesse and I have been enjoying them in our lunches for the last two weeks. They stay in the fridge perfectly, but if you make a big batch of these tasty bites, I would recommend freezing some because they keep really well in the freezer. These are so simple to just warm up in your microwave at home or work. You can actually start enjoying lunch at work again!! Try these out; let me know what you think 🙂
- 2 Pillsbury breadsticks cans (they come in the same type of thing you would get Grand biscuits or crescent rolls)
- ~2 C diced up ham
- Shredded cheese
- Mustard (any kind you prefer)
- ~ 2 TBS melted butter
- Coarse sea salt broken into smaller pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take your breadstick dough out of the can and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough with a rolling pin until you get a good sized rectangle, about 12×4.
- Spread the mustard of your choice all over the dough.
- Sprinkle on your ham and cheese.
- Roll the dough up into a log, roll pretty tight.
- Cut about 1 inch pieces and transfer to your cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 15-18 mins, until the outside is nice and golden brown.
- Once you remove it from the oven, brush your melted butter onto each bite and sprinkle with your salt.
- Let cool on a baking rack and place in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. If you would like to store them longer than two weeks, place them in an air tight container in the freezer.