It’s the time of year when Christmas music is on everyone’s radio and I can’t ever get enough of it. I listen to Christmas music every chance I get. There is just something about Christmas music that puts me in a good mood and makes me want to bake! 🙂 Just a few days ago, Jesse put on the NSYNC Christmas album while we were getting ready for the day, and it brought back so many good memories from when I was young. I also love to listen to Michael Buble’s Christmas album, of course Bing Crosby, Mariah Carey, and Nat King Cole are some favorites too, but I really enjoy the classics like The Grinch, Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.
Yeah, I think that list could go on and on, but I think I will talk about the dinner I made the other night (while listening to Christmas music.) I just call it Buffalo Chicken Casserole. I came home late and I needed something quick to just pop in the oven. This recipe was that ticket. It’s so incredibly easy to assemble, it cooks in a matter of minutes, and it taste so so yummy! Try it out, let me know what you think. 🙂
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 C rice, (I used instant rice)
- Some diced up green peppers (as much as you like)
- Garlic, salt and pepper
- ~1/4 C Buffalo sauce (if you like it spicy add more)
- ¼ C Ranch dressing (I used a combination of a Ranch packet dressing mix and greek yogurt. Either would work just fine)
- Shredded cheese
- Place your cut up chicken breast into a well-oiled frying pan on medium high heat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until there is no more pink showing.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, pour your buffalo sauce into the pan and coat your chicken really well with it. Turn the heat down to a simmer.
- While you chicken is cooking, follow the packaged directions on your rice box and cook your rice.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Once your rice is done, place it in a baking dish. Then on top of your rice, spread your buffalo chicken. Sprinkle your green peppers, a little more garlic, salt and pepper, and spread your ranch dressing all over. On top of your ranch place as much shredded cheese as you like. I added lots (~1 C) because I like it nice and cheesy!
- Pop in the oven until the cheese is nice and melty, about 15 mins.