Jesse and I just got back from a great anniversary trip, celebrating 3 years of marriage! We went to Portland, Or for two days and then to Husum, Wa for two more days. Portland was so cold. Jesse and I walked everywhere and we nearly froze our nose off! We were happy once we got inside and cold defrost some. We went to a Christmas market on the water, got some yummy VooDoo donuts, met the actor from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, chatted with a homeless man for about a half hour, went to some fancy dinners and enjoyed going to a Christmas lights show. It was so much fun just relaxing and going with the flow. No plans, no schedule to stick to and we could sleep in!
Then we drove on over to Husum, Wa to enjoy the next two days at the most adorable bed and breakfast. It was right along the Columbia River Gorge, so the views were spectacular! It was only Jesse and I staying there at that time, so the owner (this extremely cute old man named Jerry) would show us around the farm, introduce us to all the animals and he would sit with us at breakfast and talk to us for hours. His wife is a school teacher so she was gone all during the day so I think Jerry liked having company to talk to. 🙂 It was very cold and snowy at our bed and breakfast. We were on top of mountain, so our little car always had a hard time going up and down the mountain in the snow. So we mostly stayed on top of the mountain exploring the city, relaxing at coffee shops and hanging out with the house dog and cat. This part of the trip really made Jesse and I so happy! When we were saying goodbye to Jerry he said don’t forget about us and come back! I already miss him 😉
Since I have not been cooking dinner the last few days, I will share a recipe I made about a week ago. It’s really simple. It’s called Hawaiian BBQ Ham Pizza. Super-fast, super easy, and might I add, super delicious!! Try it out; let me know what you think 🙂
- 1 roll of refrigerated pizza dough
- ~1/2 C BBQ sauce
- 1 can Pineapple bites
- ~ ½ C (or more) of fully cooked ham cut up into bite sized pieces
- Diced green onions
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough and spread your BBQ sauce all over, it’s the “sauce” of your pizza.
- Then sprinkle on your pineapple bites (as many as you like from the can,) your bite sized ham, green onions and sprinkle on top of everything a pinch of garlic powder.
- Then spread your cheese all over and pop in the oven for about 15-20 mins.