This dinner is inspired by the world’s greatest grandma! Yeah that would be my nany. I lived with her after college and before I got married for a few months and they sure were some of the greatest months! We would regularly sit down and have dinner together and this meal was one of the meals she would make form time to time. I never was a big fan of sauerkraut before, but I love it in this dish. It really brings everything together. It’s called Sausage, Potatoes and Sauerkraut. Yeah, that is all the ingredients in this meal right there, so simple and easy but so delicious at the same time. Every time I make this meal I think of my grandma and it makes me miss her. Jesse and I always have the greatest time with her because she is just so fun to be around 🙂 I can’t wait until we get to visit her in just a few short months. But seriously, if you are looking for an easy, one-pot meal that will please everyone, try this out and let me know what you think!
- 1 can/jar of sauerkraut
- 1 Fully cooked Italian sausage; it’s one of those links that’s just one long sausage that you can cut up into links.
- 2 Potatoes
- Ketchup/mustard for serving
- Peel your potatoes and roughly cut them up into big pieces. Also take your one fully cooked sausage and cut it up into about 3-4 sausage links.
- In a big pot fill about ½ way with water and add your sauerkraut, sausage and potatoes. Add some salt and pepper if you like. Occasionally stir everything.
(I used a different sausage. I used the not fully cooked sausage and it just takes longer.)
Let them all boil together until you are able to poke the potatoes with a fork and they are no longer hard.
- Serve with a side of ketchup or Mustard.