This weekend is the weekend to decorate for Christmas! I usually am against putting up anything Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I realized that I am always so sad when Christmas is over because it just goes so fast. So I’m going to see if maybe celebrating it a little earlier this year will help with my end of the year Christmas blues. I just LOVE Christmas (and who doesn’t) and I wish I could celebrate it all year long…..but then maybe it wouldn’t be as special. Jesse and I are going to take our Christmas card photo’s this weekend too. This year I want to include my puppies. They are usually so bad at taking pictures, but I really want them to be included in the photos that everyone in my family will see on the Christmas card this year. So I’m going to take on the challenge of getting them to take a few good photos with Jesse and I. 🙂 They are just so cute, how could they NOT be in the family photo ;).
For dinner I made these yummy Cheeseburger Packets. As I have previously stated many times before, my favorite food is hamburgers. But this meal is not your typical beef on a bun, oh no no no! This takes burgers to the next level! These cheeseburger packets are super kid friendly because they are much easier to eat. You can really fill these packets with whatever you like to put on your burger and whenever you bite into it, it will be a little piece of heaven in your mouth (or maybe that is just the way I feel…) Try these delicious packets out; let me know what you think!
- 1 tube of Grand’s biscuits
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 strips of bacon
- ¼ C chopped onion
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Shredded lettuce
- BBQ sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a frying pan, on medium-high heat, place your ground beef and onion and cook until the ground beef is completely cooked through. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- While you are preparing your ground beef, place two bacon strips on a baking pan and place in the 350 degree oven for about 10 mins, or until the bacon is cooked.
- Take your grand biscuits and flatten them out. There should be 8 flat biscuits to fill with goodness.
- Once your bacon is done cooking, set on a paper towel to drain the excess grease, and then break into pieces into the beef and onion mixture. Mix in your Worcestershire sauce.
- In each of the center of your flatten biscuits, place a spoonful of your beef mixture. And then top that with shredded cheese. (feel free to add whatever you like on your burger into the packet as well i.e pickels, tomatoes.. I like to save the mustard and ketchup to dip my packets in once they are completely cooked, but you can choose to put mustard or ketchup into the packets before you cook them too.)
- Roll up the biscuits by bringing each corner of the biscuit into the center and pinching it closed.
- Place them side by side in your greased baking dish and pop in the oven for about 25-30 mins.
- Eat with a side of ketchup or mustard or even BBQ sauce!