One of my Sunday routines is to make a breakfast item that Jesse and I can enjoy throughout the week. Something quick to just grab and go, but it also has to be something super tasty at the same time. I always make granola bars, but I like to make something else so we are not eating granola bars every morning. This week I made these oh so divine Cinnamon Jam Muffins. They are these sweet muffins, filled with jam and swirled in cinnamon! Ugh yeah….they are so good!! Jesse has already ate 4 of them and I barley just made them two days ago haha! He usually approves of my sweet treats, but he really has enjoyed these delicious muffins.
I am always on the lookout for breakfast items that are quick and delicious that I can make ahead of time. If you have any suggestions I sure would love to hear about them! I am asking for a bread machine for Christmas this year in hopes of making some yummy breakfast breads with it. I urge you to try out these Cinnamon Jam Muffins; let me know what you think!
Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 ¾ C Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ C Sugar
- 1/3 C applesauce (I used cinnamon applesauce, but plain will do)
- 1 egg
- ¾ C Milk
- Jam, any you prefer
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ C melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a cupcake pan, or use cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until everything is well incorporated.
- In a different mixing bowl, combine your sugar and applesauce until well blended and then incorporate your egg.
- When your wet ingredients are mixed together well, add about half of your dry ingredients to it and mix just until blended. Then add in about ½ of your milk and mix until blended as well. Repeat with the dry and then repeat with the milk until everything is mixed together.
- In your cupcake pan, fill your cupcake tins with batter until about ½ full. Place a dollop of jam in each cupcake tin and then fill the rest of the tin with batter until it is about ¾ full.
- Place in the oven for about 18-25 mins.
- Once the muffins come out of the oven, prepare your melted butter in one bowl and mix your sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- While the muffins are still warm, pop them out of the muffin tin and one at a time dip the top of the muffin into your melted butter first and then swirl it around in your cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place on a cooling rack, and let cool completely. Place in the fridge for storage.