It’s time Jesse and I got out of Seattle and started exploring places in the Northwest part of this country. Don’t worry, we are not moving from Seattle, at least not yet, but we are going to start taking advantage of our weekends and we are going to go on many trips while we are here. Our first stop is in Idaho, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho to be exact. I am making it a goal to check out as many states up in the northwest as possible before we move back to AZ. It’s going to be a blast relaxing in Idaho this weekend. More details to come when we come back. 🙂
I made a delicious, easy, fast meal for dinner last night. I first made this meal last year around this time of year and Jesse and I have had it on a regular basis ever since. It’s simply delightful! I call it BBQ Chicken Sweet potato quesadillas. Sweet potato and BBQ mixed together you might think is weird, BUT give it a try and you will NOT be disappointed! Let me know what you think. 🙂
- 4 tortillas (I used Burrito size)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Chicken breast, cut up into bite size pieces
- ½ C (or more if you like) of BBQ
- 1 C (or more if you like) Shredded cheese
- Pinch of salt/Pepper/Parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your cut up chicken breast in a well-oiled frying pan on medium high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook all the way through until there is no more pink showing.
- While your chicken is cooking, poke holes in your sweet potato with fork and place in the microwave for about 5-10 mins. Until it is nice and soft on the inside.
- Once your chicken is finished cooking, add in your BBQ sauce. Mix the BBQ sauce so it coats the chicken really well. Take off the burner and set aside.
- Take a baking sheet and place two of your tortillas on it. Sprinkle with as much shredded cheese as you like. On top of the shredded cheese, add your BBQ chicken. Spread the chicken so there is going to be BBQ chicken in every bite. 🙂 And sprinkle some parsley on top.
- Then with your other two plain tortillas that do not have the chicken on it, spread your sweet potato all over it.
- On top of your BBQ chicken, add another layer of shredded cheese, and then place your sweet potato tortilla on top of it so the sweet potato is touching the cheese and it will melt together.
- Place in the oven for about 15-20 mins until the tortillas are nice and crunchy.