The other night Billie Jean and Prudence found an opossum in our backyard. Yes it was still alive, and yes my dogs attacked it. It was terrifying…. Being from AZ I have never seen an opossum before, and obviously neither has our dogs. They just wanted to be best friends with this little creature…and by best friends; I mean the poor opossum’s worst nightmare. They barked at it, they bit it and jumped on it and just scared the begeebes out of it. When it was two dogs against one opossum, they poor little opossum had little chance of escape; they had the poor thing cornered. Jesse and I heard them going crazy in our backyard so we headed to the back door and Jesse yells “It’s an opossum!!!!!” We both flip out because we don’t want out neighbors to be mad at our crazy, loud, obnoxious dogs, but we didn’t want to go out there and set foot anywhere near the opossum, so we were in quite a pickle. Unfortunately yelling at the dogs to get inside didn’t work, sticking our heads barley out the back door and yelling for them to come get a treat or go for a car ride didn’t work, and spraying them with the squirt bottle from 10 feet away defiantly didn’t work….I was soooo close to just manning up and going out there to get the dogs, when all of a sudden, a miracle from God was granted on us! 😉 The opossum was able to escape under the fence into our neighbor’s yard!!! YES!!! I don’t think I have ever been more relieved in my life haha…sad right!? I was just so happy to get them back inside and lock them in so they could NEVER go outside again, ok maybe not ever, but at least for the rest of the night. (They kept standing at the back door and whining all night long.) After about 5 mins had past I started thinking about how weird opossums look, and it made me think how lucky I was that it wasn’t a raccoon. Then my train of thought went to RABIES (I’m pretty sure raccoons get rabies)!! Ah!!! Did my four-legged children somehow contract rabies from this crazy wild animal? I began touching them all over their bodies to see if I could find any sore spots or bite marks (all they wanted was for me to leave them alone so they could go back outside) but luckily I found none. To be safe I goggled rabies in opossums in Seattle and the results completely calmed me down. Opossums don’t get rabies. YAYAYA!!
So after that crazy event that seemed like it would never end, Jesse and I were able to sit down and enjoy the delicious PIZZA I made for dinner J J I love pizza way to much!! I made a BBQ chicken pizza. It is so easy, so delicious, and one of my very favorite type of pizza now. If you are in a pinch and just need something quick to throw in the oven I recommend this delicious dinner. Try it out, let me know what you think.
- 1 Roll of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 chicken breast, cut up into bit size pieces
- Some diced up green peppers
- Some diced up onion
- A good helping of any BBQ sauce you prefer
- Shredded Cheese
- Pinch of Oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a well-oiled frying pan, place your diced up chicken, sprinkled with salt and pepper and onion on medium high heat. Cook until the chicken is completely done and there is no more pink showing.
- On a baking dish roll out your pizza.
- Spread as much BBQ sauce as you like all over the pizza. Leave a little uncovered by BBQ for the “crust” of your pizza.
- Then, sprinkle your pizza with your oregano, place your green peppers all over the pizza and once your chicken and onions are done, spread those all over the pizza as well.
- Then cover everything with a nice helping of shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven for about 15-20 mins until the crust is done.