I had a great weekend, thanks to my wonderful husband! He planned a super delightful Saturday to celebrate my birthday. This whole week/weekend was pretty much a birthday celebration starting with Wednesday when my boss took my co-workers and I out to enjoy some Indian food for lunch. Then Thursday, my actual birthday, my coworker brought in 2 dozen fall themed donuts for everyone to share to celebrate my birthday and Thursday night my wonderful community group made me feel like a very special birthday girl by cooking me some tasty burgers, Jesse made amazing guacamole, and someone from group made me a delicious carrot cake. Talk about one satisfied, full birthday girl! 🙂 I was also able to relax, and enjoy the company of my friends at group and had a very happy birthday. Saturday Jesse took me on a birthday date starting at this very tiny, super cute Italian restaurant in Pioneer Square. We had a four course meal that ended with the best tiramisu!! The plate had the Seattle skyline drawn on it, see….
(Yeah I’m pretty excited in this picture because I am about to gobble down that tiramisu!! )
Then after we stuffed ourselves completely full, we took a “spooked in Seattle” tour. We walked all around Pioneer square learning about all the haunted places! It was so fun, my husband is so creative with his birthday celebrations! I love it!!
Luckily for you, I did make dinner on Friday night and boy was it just the most freakin delicious pasta dish ever! Man, I will probably make this dish again next month because it was so good. Not to brag on myself or anything, but really, you must try this dinner recipe out, let me know what you think. I call it Cheesy Bacon pasta. What is cool about this dish is you can really add in anything extra you like, like maybe a veggie, and it still will be fabulous!!
- ½ lb. of pasta noodles, I used penne
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- 1- ½ TBS ranch dressing packet mix
- Dash of garlic powder
- Shredded Cheese, I used fiesta mix
- Cook your pasta noodles according to the packaged directions. And preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your bacon strips on a baking dish and pop into the 350 degree oven for about 10 mins, or until nice and cooked. Brake up these strips of bacon into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a well-oiled frying pan, place your cut up chicken on medium high heat. Sprinkle with your garlic powder, salt and pepper and let cook until done and no more pink is showing.
- Once your pasta noodles are done, strain them and place them back in the same pot. Mix in your cream of chicken, Greek yogurt, bacon pieces, cooked chicken and your ranch packet mix.
- Place your noodles into a casserole dish and sprinkle the top with a nice liberal amount of your shredded cheese! YUM!
- Then, place in the 350 degree oven for about 15-20mins, until the cheese is nice and melty!