This weekend Jesse and I were on the go all weekend. Luckily I made a crockpot meal for dinner so I never had to stop to make dinner, which ended up making things go a lot smoother. (Technically I had to throw things in a crock pot, but that doesnt really count because it takes no time to do that.) On Saturday morning we went to a pumpkin patch and picked our own pumpkins. They also had a few different areas with a fire pit and a toasty, warm fire brewing in it. After Jesse and I took, what seemed a long while, to pick our pumpkins (I mean, we wanted to find the perfect ones 😉 we were able to sit by one of the fire pits and enjoy a picnic lunch. After we watched pumpkins being sling shot by tons of little kids, we packed our pumpkins in the car and headed home. When we got home I threw dinner in the crockpot and got ready for the symphony that we were going to that night. I haven’t been to the symphony before but both Jesse and I were in band in high school so we were really looking forward to the performance. We both got all dolled up and headed to Renton to listen and watch the Rainer symphony preform. It really was beautiful. I loved trying to spot ALL the different instruments the orchestra was made up of. It was a very romantic sweet evening. On Sunday, Jesse and I painted our pumpkins. They look like this:
They are currently sitting on our doorstep for all the trick-or-treaters we will hopefully be getting in a few short days. I love Halloween!
But enough about my weekend, how about I tell you about another yummy fall themed dinner we ate right before the symphony. I call it BBQ Chicken wrapped in bacon with apples. Everything in the title is all the ingredients you will need for this dish, unless of course you want to add seasoning, then there are just a few more ingredients. But it can’t get any simpler and tastier then this dish. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 apple, diced up into bit sized pieces
- ½ C BBQ sauce (or more if you like)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of parsley
- Spray your crock pot with any non-stick cooking spray, to coat it so your chicken won’t stick to it.
- Wrap your two chickens in bacon! I used two slices for each chicken breast, but hey, if you are a bacoaholic use more!!
- Place the two chicken breasts into your crock pot, and pour your bbq sauce all over it. Sprinkle the chicken with all the seasonings and lemon juice.
- Throw your diced up apples on top of you BBQ sauce and set the lid on the crock pot. Any setting will do for this dish. If you are starting it in the morning, put it on low for 8 hours, if you can’t get to it until the afternoon, set it on high for 4-6 hours. As long as your chicken is cooked all the way through before serving.