If you love pizza, and let’s get serious, who doesn’t like pizza….then the dinner I made last night is sure to be on your dinner menu next week! I made a Zucchini and Sausage pizza. It’s a delightfully healthy alternative to your regular Papa John’s or Domino’s pizza and you are guaranteed to have dinner on your table in about 30 mins! You can’t beat that right?! Healthy, fast, refreshing, easy and ooooo so tasty!
I actually got this recipe from a lady I took a cooking class with. It wasn’t a fancy cooking class or anything, just a simple lecture based class at my local library, and it was FREE! The class was about making dinner healthier, and swapping out not so healthy ingredients in meals for better ones. It was a really fun class and I definitely learned a lot of helpful ideas. Both of the teachers were registered dieticians and you could tell, both of them loved to talk about food ha! When I heard the teacher give out this recipe for pizza, I was all over it, and knew I would be making this pizza for dinner regularly. Try it out; let me know what you think!
- 1 pastry puff, usually found in the freezer section in the grocery store
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 3 TBS Dijon mustard
- Set out your pastry puff and let thaw, once thawed, set on a baking dish and poke some holes in it with a fork.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Peel off the outer skin on your sausage links so they are easy to crumble up. Cook the sausage crumbles in a well-oiled frying pan on medium heat.
- Once the sausage is cooked all the way through, remove from the pan and set on a paper towel to drain the excess grease.
- In the same frying pan, place ¼ C water and the diced up zucchinis. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook on medium heat for about 4-5 mins.
- While your zucchinis are cooking, spread your 3 TBS of Dijon all over your pastry crust. This will be your sauce, so if you would like to add more mustard then I say, go right ahead!
- Once your zucchinis are done, place them on a paper towel to get rid of any excess liquid. Then spread them all over your pastry crust, along with your sausage.
- Pop in the oven for about 20-25 mins.