The fall is my favorite season. Everything in nature changes all these beautiful colors, I get to enjoy everything pumpkin, and it starts to get a little chilly outside. Living in Arizona I didn’t really experience the fall colors as much as I do living in Seattle. I remember last year at this time of year, it was my first fall in Seattle and I was completely blown away at all the beautiful colors that surrounded me everywhere I looked. I remember sitting on the bus on my way to work and just being in awe of all the changing leaves on the trees and bushes, it made me so happy to be able to live where I live. Right now, the leaves are just starting to turn colors and when they do, and fall to the ground, I have a habit of picking them up and bringing them to our house to decorate with. That way it can feel like fall inside and outside the house! 🙂 I also love the fall because I love everything pumpkin!! I love to carve pumpkins, eat pumpkin, and decorate with pumpkins, just anything and everything pumpkin, I’m excited for. I got my first pumpkin spice latte last weekend and I was so happy. I also put out fall decorations in our house and soon we will go pick out our own pumpkins to carve. I have so many things I want to bake and cook with pumpkin these next few months, so many in fact, I’m afraid Jesse might be sick of pumpkin by Christmas time. 😉 This is the time of year where it starts to get chilly again. I love turning on our fireplace and cuddling with a warm blanket, and perhaps a warm drink, lying next to my love on the couch watching a movie. It is perfect cuddle weather this time of year!
But enough about how wonderful fall is to me, I made this freakin awesome pumpkin chow last night and I’m bringing it to our community group tonight to share. It is a perfect dessert to kick off fall for our community group. It’s really simple, but sooooo delicious. You must try this tasty treat out and let me know what you think.
- 1 bag of Hershey’s pumpkin kisses (I made the mistake of checking three different grocery stores for these and not one had them. I finally went to Target and they had them!)
- 8 C Rice Chex Cereal
- ~1 TBS Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ C Powdered Sugar
- 1 TBS Pumpkin Pie spice
- In a double broiler, melt your Hershey’s kisses mixed with your vegetable oil. The vegetable oil helps the chocolate melt smoother.
- While that is melting, prepare in a gallon sized baggie (or if you are like me and don’t have those, I just used a plastic grocery bag that I check for holes) pour your powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Also pour your cereal into a big mixing bowl.
- Then once your chocolate is melted, pour over your cereal and mix really well together. It takes a minute or two of gentle blending to really coat all the cereal well.
- Once it is all coated in your chocolate mixture, pour all the cereal into your baggie/grocery bag and shake shake shake really well!! Make sure every single cereal piece is covered with powdered sugar. If you need to add more powdered sugar, now is the time and then shake shake shake some more!!
- Once everything is coated perfectly in your powdered sugar mixture, either devour right then and there or just cover your bowl with tin foil and enjoy for many days!!
Happy Fall Ya’ll!! 🙂