I wish there were more three day weekends in a year. Three day weekends are so wonderful in every single way! Three days of spending more time with my hubby, three days of playing with my crazy dogs, three days of sleeping in, the list could go on and on, seriously. This last three day weekend was all of those things and more. Jesse and I were able to celebrate Prudy’s birthday, take the dogs to the dog park, have an eventful grocery shopping day on Saturday with endless amounts of free food samples, and my favorite part was when we went to a blackberry festival here in town. There was blackberry everything you could think of. Blackberry kettle corn, blackberry dipped cheesecake, blackberry cinnamon rolls… AH so many tasty things!! Jesse got homemade blackberry ice cream and it was AMAZING and I got blackberry pie and blackberry ice cream combo thing, which was also fantastic. 🙂 We walked around from booth to booth taking in all the great smells and enjoying some free samples as well. It was a really warm day in Seattle, so we were able to listen to the live music they had while enjoyed our tasty treats. We hope to get a chance to go back there next year. For dinner that night I made these really easy, super tasty, go to meal that Jesse and I just LOVE! I call them Buffalo Chicken Crescents. You must try these tasty little bites and let me know what you think.
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Shredded Cheese
- ¼ C plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS Packet Ranch dipping mix
- ¼-1/2 C Buffalo Sauce (depending on how spicy you like things)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your bite sized chicken pieces in an oiled frying pan on medium high heat until cooked all the way through. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat once finished and stir in your buffalo sauce. Coating all the chicken really well.
- On a large baking dish, roll out your crescent rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix together your yogurt and ranch packet. Spread this mixture onto each crescent roll.
- On top of the ranch/yogurt mixture, place about a spoonful amount of your buffalo chicken.
- On top of that sprinkle your shredded cheese.
- Roll up your crescents as best you can. They don’t have to roll up perfectly, they will still taste delicious.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 mins. Just until the crescents are finished.