So this dish is not the typical kind of dish I would share on my blog. It is actually something you are not going to want to eat….but your dog will!! It was one of my babies birthdays this weekend, and yes, my dogs are my babies until the real ones come around some day. I love to spoil them in any way I can, especially for their birthday. Prudence turned one this weekend, which makes me sad because she is technically not a puppy anymore. We have started feeding her big girl dog food. The same dog food her sister already eats. (It’s actually kind of sad; Prudy has not been eating her food unless we encourage her because we have had to yell at her many times in the past for eating Billie Jean’s food, I think we have scared her…) BUT since Prudy turned one this weekend, I made her cupcakes. You may think I’m crazy but not only do I love to spoil my pups but I love to have any excuse to bake, so yes, I made my dog a cupcake ha! She absolutely loved it, she devoured it actually! Billie Jean was mighty jealous, so I snuck a little piece to her. I was looking around on the internet a while to try to find an easy recipe for dog cupcakes and this one is a combination of a recipe I found and my own additions. If you have a dog birthday coming up, I recommend baking cupcakes for them, they will forever be grateful I’m sure!
- 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 C applesauce (I used blueberry applesauce)
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS Honey
- 1/4 C plain Greek yogurt
- 4 TBS peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your flour, baking powder, oil, applesauce and egg.
- Spay 4 cups of a cupcake pan with cooking spray, or use cupcake liners.
- Fill each cup with your mixture about ½ full or ¾ full.
(Prudy was getting a little sneak peek at her treat)
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together the honey, yogurt and peanut butter.
- Spread onto the cooled cupcakes.
Let your puppy enjoy 🙂