About once a month Jesse and I have some form of bacon with chicken for dinner. Bacon is just the perfect flavor to add to pretty much anything! We love bacon in our house….except I don’t like the clean-up bacon requires…..but I am able to get passed that for the delicious taste. Jesse and I went to this Chocolate festival a few months back. They had every kind of chocolate you could think of, and we got to sample every one of them! Some of the weirdest ones were chocolate broccoli and 100% cacao chocolate (absolutely disgusting….don’t ever put 100% cacao chocolate in your mouth or else you will regret it for all of the rest of your living days! Ha!) I have to say there were some pretty awesome chocolate inventions in the works at some of these venues. They were developing a chocolate that had some oniony garlicky flavor to it, that you could cook with or add it to a salad. How cool is that? But we also tried this chocolate bacon. I actually didn’t like it very much, the salty sweet combination didn’t work for me, but Jesse enjoyed it…probably because he is weird. Unfortunately last night I didn’t cook with chocolate bacon, but I did make Honey Mustard Chicken wrapped in Bacon. So try it out for dinner, let me know what you think. If you are brave enough, maybe you could even sprinkle some chocolate on top of the bacon… 😉
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Strips of bacon
- 1 ½ TBS of coarse spicy brown mustard
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- 2 TBS honey
- Lemon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take one of your chicken breasts and wrap one strip of your bacon around it. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Sprinkle on your salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Place your two chicken breasts in a square baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your lemon juice, mustard, and honey.
- Brush about ½ the honey mustard mixture onto just one side of each chicken.
- Then place in the oven for about 20mins. After 20 mins, take your chicken out, flip them over and brush the rest of your honey mustard mixture on the chicken.
- Cook in the oven for an additional 20-30 mins until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- I like to serve the chicken with a little more of the honey mustard mixture for dipping purposes.