This weekend was a kick back, low key weekend for Jesse and I. We really love renting movies from the library so we have tons of movies always stacked on our TV stand ready and waiting to be watched. So, that is exactly what we did a lot this weekend. Friday night Jesse went out with some work buddies, but he came home to still have dinner with me. We actually went to a restaurant for dinner instead of me cooking. We have been hearing a bunch of people telling us about this burger place called Zippy’s here in our neighborhood. Supposedly it is a really tiny place but has the BEST burgers. So, with burgers being my favorite food, I knew we had to try this place out asap. So that is where we went to eat Friday night, and let me tell you, it really was delicious! We were able to enjoy tasty burgers, have a great conversation together, and still make it home in time to watch a movie together. 🙂 Saturday Jesse and I went to a cute little coffee and cupcake shop in Renton and played cards together. Rummy is Jesse and my’s thing….which means, that it’s something Jesse and I have been doing together since we started dating. We love to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon at a coffee shop table outside, playing rummy. I use to be super mega good at rummy, but now Jesse beats me a lot and I am not a fan! I need to get my winning streak back! The rest of the weekend we relaxed together and continued watching a bunch more movies. I did make dinner Saturday night for us. I made a Chicken and Broccoli Bread Braid. I don’t really know what to call it, but it is really easy and super yummy! So try it out and let me know what you think!
- Refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 chicken breast cut into bit sized pieces
- ½ C broccoli florets
- ¼ C Corn
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- 1- 1 ½ TBS Ranch dressing packet mix
- Sprinkle of Italian dressing (we didn’t have Italian dressing so I used this Cesar Vinaigrette dressing that is AmAzInG!! Whichever works.)
- Shredded Cheese
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. melted butter
- 2 TBS Italian style bread crumbs
- Cook your chicken breast in an oiled pan on medium high heat until cooked all the way through. About 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, parsley and some garlic powder.
- Take your pizza dough and place it on a baking pan. I like to spread my dough out so that it covers most of my baking pan.
- Then cut a little slit on each side of the pizza dough. Continue cutting slits all the way down the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine your Greek yogurt and ranch packet. Then spread the mixture onto the middle of your pizza dough. But make sure to spread it out throughout the middle of your dough.
- On top of the ranch mixture, place your cooked chicken, broccoli, and corn. Then with a painting brush (one specifically used for the kitchen, not one from your craft supply ha!) brush on your Italian dressing all over the broccoli, chicken and corn.
- Then sprinkle your cheese on top of the broccoli, chicken and corn. Also sprinkle some more of your salt, pepper, garlic salt and parsley.
- Now this is the tricky part, you are going to take one fold that your cut of your pizza dough and bring it over to the other side. And continue doing that all the way down your dough. Please see pictures attached.
- Once you have completely braided your dough, mix together your melted butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle that on top of your braided dough.
- Pop in the 350 degree oven for about 20-25 mins.