When I work late at night, I still like to come home and make a meal that my hubby and I can sit down, relax and enjoy together. Some of my dinner’s may take a bit of prep time, but when I work late, it’s still important to me to have a home cooked meal, but I don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping it. So when a friend of mine posted this recipe that her husband made for dinner, I knew this would be a quick go-to dinner that Jesse and I would love. It’s called BBQ chicken lettuce wraps. I love getting recipes from friends and family, it means a lot to me when they are willing to share it with me!
Jesse and I eat chicken all the time, as you can see. But we love BBQ chicken a lot, especially when it’s BBQ season. As we walk the dogs in the afternoon we get hungry because of all the BBQ cooking we smell. I really just want to find the source of the smell and ask if I can join them ha! Try out these delicious BBQ lettuce wraps and let me know what you think!
- Head of lettuce (I use iceberg, but you can use what you prefer)
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ green pepper diced up
- ¼ C diced up onion
- BBQ sauce
- Cook your chicken and onion in a frying pan on medium high heat until there is no more pink showing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season.
- Once cooked all the way through, lower your temperature to medium low and throw in your diced up green pepper and add as much BBQ as you like. I probably add about ½ C.
- Take your head of iceberg lettuce and gently tear off some big pieces to spoon your BBQ chicken mixture into. I usually tear off about 4 big pieces.
- Once you have all your pieces of lettuce torn take your BBQ chicken mixture and spoon some of it into your lettuce. Split up your BBQ mixture into your four lettuce cups equally.
(Look at that handsome husband of mine super excited to eat dinner!)