This weekend, Jesse and I were able to finally make it to the beach for a relaxing day in the sun. We packed up some yummy snacks like watermelon and plums, made sure to bring a nice comfy blanket to lay on, and even packed up the assorted things our pups would enjoy while there. We made a day of it. It was warm outside, but the lake felt perfect! We weren’t the only ones who had this idea, because the lake was packed with so many families. But we were able to find the perfect spot on the grass near the beach and we read, swam, and played with our dogs all day. It sure was a nice Saturday!
Last night for dinner I made White Bean Chicken Chili! YUM!!! It is my mom’s recipe and I’m so thankful she has shared this delightful dinner with me. Growing up, I actually didn’t like this dinner….but now, I LOVE it!! My little brother, Alex, use to request this dinner for all his birthdays. I’m pretty sure it’s still his #1 request when my mom asks him what he wants for dinner. It is a great dinner for when it’s chilly and rainy outside; much like it was last night at my house. It sits in the crockpot and makes the whole house smell delightful. You throw a total of 4 ingredients into the crockpot, add some spices, and in just a few hours, you will have a delicious comforting meal 🙂
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 cans of white beans
- 1 C Salsa
- 1 ½ C Shredded cheese (I like cheddar)
- Chili powder
- Dash of Cumin
- Cook your chicken breast in a frying pan on medium high heat until cooked all the way through. Add some salt, pepper and a dash of chili powder to your chicken.
- In a crockpot, pour the whole can of your white beans, including the juice, add your salsa, cheese, 1 C of water, cooked chicken and your sprinkle of cumin. I used probably about 1 1/2 tsp. but feel free to add to your liking.
- Mix everything together and put the lid on your crockpot. Cook on high anywhere from 2-3 hours.