I was so excited this weekend because this was the weekend Jesse was going to cut up our watermelon! We bought our watermelon a few weeks ago when we went grocery shopping. I knew that we had to get through some of our other fruit first before we could crack open this delicious treat, otherwise some of our fruit would go bad because all I would want to eat is the watermelon! So FINALLY, this was the weekend I got to completely devour pieces of the watermelon. I love the smell of watermelon too. Nothing smells quite like summer like the smell of watermelon. It makes me feel like I’m kicking it poolside, sunbathing while eating this refreshing treat.
Jesse and I had planned on going to the beach this weekend, but the day we wanted to go was cloudy and humid, so we opted to plan our anniversary trip instead. I can’t believe it will be three years already since the day I married my best friend!! Everyday being married to the man of my dreams has been a huge blessing and I’m so excited to spend so many more years hand in hand with this man. ANYWAYS….enough goushy mushy stuff. 😉 Jesse has been looking on Groupon getaways for the last few weeks and he came across a few really great getaways for our anniversary trip. We planned on going to this really cute little touristy town called Leavenworth, Wa. It is supposed to be beautiful at Christmas time. But I guess everyone had the same idea as us, because for all 4 of the weekends in December, every hotel is booked!! AHH! So…..we changed our plans. But they are great plans still! We are going to go to Portland and do some fun Christmasy things for 2 days, and then we are going to relax in Husum, Wa at a Bed and Breakfast for 2 days. Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate 3 perfect years together! J
So I made this recipe for breakfast the other day, it’s called Breakfast Grilled Cheese. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but I couldn’t help changing it up a bit. It sure was delicious!!!! I sent a picture of it to my mom, and she was going to have my dad make it for her for dinner haha! It sure was tasty if you like sweet things for breakfast. Try it out; let me know what you think.
- 2 Waffles (Jesse and I have a waffle maker so we made our own waffles, but frozen waffles would work too. Just make sure they are cooked before you make this recipe.)
- 1/3 C Cream cheese, softened
- ~1/4 C Powdered sugar (It depends on how sweet you like things.)
- 1-2 TBS. lemon juice
- 1-2 TBS. any jam you have on hand, we used blackberry jam.
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, place your cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice. The trick is to not put all of your powdered sugar and lemon juice in at one time. Mix a little into your cream cheese at a time, tasting between, so you can make it to your taste.
- Take your jam and spread it on one side of one of your waffles.
- Then do the same for your cream cheese mixture. But use the other waffle that doesn’t have the jam on it.
- Then place your two waffles together, squishing the jam and cream cheese mixtures together.
- Sprinkle your waffle with a dash of cinnamon, and a little bit more powdered sugar.
- Cut your waffle in half.