Last night I made pizza! If you know me, then you know my obsession with Pizza. I could eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! Unfortunately about two years ago, my stomach started hating food that tasted so good. I would feel so ill after eating certain foods and it made me sad. It was some of my favorite foods that I couldn’t eat anymore. I had to keep track in a journal and research online foods that were good on a sensitive stomach and foods that weren’t so good. One of those foods happened to tomatoes and another of those foods happened to be cheese (and all dairy.) I think I cried for 2 weeks straight when I found out that my stomach couldn’t handle eating pizza….. Ok maybe I didn’t cry for two weeks, but I was very sad!! It was my FAVORITE food after all. Now that I can’t eat the traditional tomato, cheese, pepperoni (which use to be my favorite) pizza, I have come up with pizza’s that I actually can still enjoy. The particular pizza I made last night is called Jalapeno Avocado Chicken Pizza. Yeah you read that right, Jalapeno Avocado Chicken Pizza! Oh it is just delicious!!!! I try not to put this dinner on every month’s dinner menu, but it is hard. Jesse and I eat this whole pizza in one sitting (yeah I know, that’s a lot of food, but I can’t help it when it comes to pizza.) So try this unique pizza and let me know what you think!!
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- Diced up jalapeno, I just use the jalapenos that are already in a jar (I don’t like super spicy so I add only about ¼ C or a little more)
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Avocado diced up into bite sized pieces
- Dash of salt/pepper
- Dash of chili powder
- Shredded Cheese
- Take your refrigerator dough out of the fridge about 30 mins before you want to make the pizza so it has time to get to room temp. If you forget this step or are really hungry, that’s ok, setting it out just makes the dough a little easier to work with.
- Cook your bite sized chicken in a frying pan with Olive oil, on medium high heat, until cooked all the way through. Season with salt/pepper and a dash of chili powder.
- Roll out your pizza dough on a baking sheet.
- First, spread your diced up jalapenos onto the pizza. I like to cut mine even smaller than the size they are. I cut up each jalapeno circle into about 4 little pieces.
- Then spread your cooked chicken.
- Then spread your cheese. Add as much cheese as you like on your pizza. I used shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Next pop into the 350 degree oven for about 20-25mins.
- Once the pizza is done, take it out of the oven and garnish it with your diced up avocado. (Jesse wanted to try mushing the avocado and spreading it on the pizza this time, I like both the diced and smashed avocado.)