This weekend Jesse and I went on a date to this place in Seattle called The Garage. We spent our night bowling, playing pool, eating great food, and drinking some nitro infused beer. Jesse is better than me at bowling so he beat me in all the games we played (well actually we tied our first game) and he is better than me at pool too so he beat me in all three games we played. Overall Jesse had a great night winning everything, but we both had so much fun just being out in the city together! As we were getting off the light rail in the city we over heard this guy on the street say “ugh I hate looking at this city!” I’m not sure what this city ever did to him, but I think it’s pretty harsh to hate looking at Seattle. The Puget Sound area alone is beautiful to look at! We did get a chuckle out of it though and still enjoyed our night in Seattle.
We finally went grocery shopping and what a beautiful thing that was! (We skipped grocery shopping in July because we were too busy.) We were getting down to only having popcorn and rice left in our cupboards which made more and more difficult to come up with dinners. So the first of the month finally arrived and we hit up some of our favorite places to shop. I was having a blast at Costco, seriously if you go to Costco and don’t have a blast, something is wrong with you…ha! Just kidding! But we did enjoy exploring the new Costco we went to, and ate SO many samples! I ate things I didn’t even like because I was just so excited!! Once we left Costco we went to the Wal-Mart by our house to finish up. Now, Jesse and I are not the hugest fans of Wal-Mart, but when you are on a tight budget, I would suggest no other place then grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. We price match and use tons of coupons so it makes it possible for us to get as many grocery’s as we do. We are very blessed to be able to grocery shop once a month and get all the grocery’s we love to have throughout the month!
For dinner last night, I made chicken pot pies in a cupcake pan. They are a staple in the Johnson household because they are so tasty! I call them Mini Chicken Pot Pies.
Ingredients: (makes about 8)
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ C Plain greek yogurt
- 2 Cs frozen mixed veggies
- 1 C of shredded cheese (you can add more if you like it cheesy!)
- Sprinkle of Salt/pepper
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of parsley
- 1 Tube of refrigerated grand biscuits
- Take your refrigerated biscuits out of the fridge about a half hour before they go in the oven so they are easy to handle.
- Put your cut up chicken in a frying pan with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic power, and parsley and let cook on med-high heat till cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add your frozen mixed veggies, can of condensed cream of chicken soup, yogurt, cheese, and sprinkle some more salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley and mix well together.
- Once the chicken is done, stir it into your veggie mixture.
- Take a cupcake pan and spray 8 holes with cooking spray. Press each grand biscuit flat like a pancake.
- Then press the flattened biscuit into the cupcake hole so it comes out of the sides a bit.
- Then spoon the veggie mixture into each of the 8 flattened biscuits. Place enough mixture into the biscuit so that it is overflowing the cupcake hole. It is ~1/4 C each.
- Pop into the 350 degree oven for about 20 mins, until the biscuit is cooked all the way.