The summer has always been a favorite of mine. Mainly because that’s when school was out, which meant no homework and a lot of free time to play with friends. Some of my very favorite memories from childhood are my family and I playing in the pool all day while anxiously waiting for dinner because my dad was cooking it on the grill. My grandpa use to call my brothers, sister and I, fish, because we never seemed to get out of the pool. I was always very tan as a child ha! I even use to swim on a swim team for my childhood and most of my teenage years too. But really, what kind of kid doesn’t spend their whole day in the pool during an Arizona summer?!
Summer BBQ’s were always a blast! I love meals that are cooked on the grill! Hamburgers are my favorite food, and a hamburger never taste better then right after it comes off the grill. I also love BBQ food cooked on the grill. BBQ always reminds me of summer, maybe because we had BBQ chicken on the grill a lot when I was young. Jesse and I unfortunately don’t own a grill just yet….. We hope someday soon we will get one! But since we don’t have a grill, I still try to cook up meals in the summer that I enjoyed on the grill, but with a little twist. This meal is called BBQ Chip Chicken. If you like BBQ chicken, then this meal is great for you. It’s just BBQ chicken with an added crunch too it. It goes perfect with a side of corn on the cob and mashed potatoes!
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 C. Crushed BBQ chips
- ¼ C. BBQ sauce
- ¼ C. Melted butter
- Dash of Salt and pepper
- Dash of chili powder
- Sprinkle of cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with tin foil. (it is not necessary to line a baking dish with tin foil, I just like to because it’s less mess to clean up after.)
- Crush up your BBQ chips. I like to put mine in a baggie and hit them with a rolling pin. You don’t need to over crush the chips, just until they are small pieces. Spread the crushed chips onto a plate and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Put your BBQ and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Place once chicken breast at a time in the BBQ/butter mixture, coating it really well. Then put it on the BBQ chips and cover both sides of the chicken really well with chips. Press the chips into the chicken.
- Then pop the chicken in the oven for about 40-50mins (until there is no pink).
- I sprinkle a little cheese on the top of the chickens and serve!