Well this month has been so crazy I can’t even remember why it was so crazy! (Does that sentence even make sense?! You can tell I’m losing it….ha!) July was moving month and vacation month, hence the craziness. Jesse and I packed up everything from our old house and unpacked everything into our new house all in ONE DAY, BY OURSELVES! Ugh, if you ever move, I would not suggest that method. We were just so excited to get things done, that we tried to hurry and be over with it. Turns out it worked pretty well (expect for the mega tiredness.) We were out of our old place and living in our new place in the same day, and we love our new place, so we were excited to get in there as soon as possible. It took us the whole month of July to finally get our furniture set up, decorations up, and everything settled. But now, it’s a wonderful place we get to call home! And things can start to finally get back into a normal routine.
Jesse and I also were fortunate and blessed to be able to attend the Paul McCartney concert this month. I have never known a bigger Beatles fan then my hubby (and his favorite Beatle is Sir Paul) so it was absolutly amazing to be there with him. We were singing along to every song and had such a blast!! Paul McCartney may be in his 70’s but he sure knows how to put on a great show still!! It is a memory that I will never forget! 🙂 We also headed to the Oregon Coast and enjoyed a family vacation with some of Jesse’s family. Oregon is gorgeous! We travelled to Tillamook and enjoyed some tasty cheese and ice cream; we drove the Cape Meres scenic route where we saw a waterfall, a light house, and an octopus tree, we played on many beaches and ate at many restaurants, but overall it was great to spend so much time with family!!
I didn’t cook very many meals worth putting up on the blog this month due to the craziness, but I did make some yummy Banana Bread with Cinnamon Streusel. I really love buying banana’s (at Costco) and when they start going bad, I pop them in the freezer. After a while it’s great to open up the freezer and see all the banana’s piling up, because that means I get to bake Banana Bread!! What is a better, easier, tastier breakfast? NOTHING!! 😉 I enjoy just regular banana bread, but I also enjoy adding different ingredients to it. This time I made a cinnamon streusel. It was delightful!!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan; set aside.
- Prepare the streusel: In small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add in your butter until it is nice and crumbly, struesely looking.
- In large bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into banana mixture.
- Spoon HALF the batter into greased-and-floured loaf pan. Sprinkle batter with HALF of the streusel mixture. Add the rest of the batter over the streusel mixture in the pan. Then top with the remaining streusel, I like to put the remaining streusel on top of the banana bread after about 30-40mins of cooking. The top is still a little gooey, but it won’t burn. (If it does start to burn, just place tinfoil on top of it)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (and enjoy the delicious smell) Let loaf cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
(The dogs ate some banana leftovers as a treat!)