This weekend we had a garage sale to get rid of some big things, like our washer and dryer, so we don’t have to take them to our new place. Luckily the weather was great, NO rain, only sunshine all day!! It was beautiful!! Our dogs, loved lying in the sun, it did get a bit overwhelming to them, and after they had been lying in the sun for a while, they would come inside to try to cool off by lying on the hard wood floor. They are too cute!! I think the dogs are getting anxious because they are seeing everything be packed up in boxes. Instead of their favorite blankets or pillows out for them to use, they are packed away in a box. Billie Jean has been through two moves already, and she really is bad at moving! She is a very anxious dog, and hates change SO much!! I’m hoping Prudy is not like that. She is a very easy going dog so I think she will embrace new scenery and new scents.
It has been pretty bad using the oven the last few nights; it makes our house even warmer than it already is. I need to come up with some crockpot meals so that not only will our house stay cool, but I won’t get so hot while making dinner either! This meal is called Creamy Crouton Chicken. It’s fairly simple; it really does not take very much effort to make. It’s a great meal when you are busy and want to just throw something in the oven real quick. My dad the other day asked me why I don’t just go to Burger King or McDonalds every once in a while to take a break from cooking dinner every night. I couldn’t help but laugh when he asked me this; he is such a silly goofball sometimes! I replied by saying that I enjoy cooking! Every once in a while (but especially during this move) Jesse and I will have something easy for dinner, something that we can just whip up in a matter of minutes, like rice and chicken, or noodles and chicken, (sometimes we get the ever so tasty and very cheap, Subway!! We LOVE Subway too much haha!) but I really try hard to make sure that most of our meals are home cooked! I loved having home cooked meals while I was growing up, and I missed them terribly while I was in college, so I want to do that for my family, it means a lot to me!! 🙂
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can of Condensed cream of chicken
- ½ C Croutons, any flavor you would like
- Shredded Cheese, we used fiesta blend, but any would be good
- Salt and Pepper
- Place your two chicken breasts into a shallow baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place about ½ C croutons in a baggy and smash them up into little pieces.
- Mix your cream of chicken with just a little bit of water (a little less than ¼ C) to dilute it so that it is a little thinner and easier to pour.
- Sprinkle your cheese on top of your chicken breasts, then pour your cream of chicken on top of that, and then sprinkle your croutons on top of that.
- Place in the 350 degree oven for about an hour, until it is completely cooked through.