Jesse and I LOVE Costco!! Once a month when we go on our grocery shopping adventure, we look forward the most, to heading to Costco. Even though Costco is usually really busy on Saturday afternoons, we somehow get passed the crowds to enjoy all the free samples and try to score some sweet deals! Jesse and I only leave Costco when we have had a sufficient amount of tasty samples. I think my favorite samples are the ice cream ones, really just all the dessert samples! I have made Jesse go back to grab seconds of those samples for me before. (Shh!) I think one of my favorite things to get at Costco is their giant bag of bread rolls (If you don’t know me then you may not know my love of bread! I could live on bread!! ) We go through their giant bag of bread rolls every month, because we eat them with almost every meal ha! I also love getting their Greek yogurt, cheese, French fries, and their GIANT bag of potatoes. They have the best deal on potatoes! I sometimes get their bag of potatoes that have the colorful purple, red and gold ones, but I just can’t get over the deal they have on their regular russet potatoes. The potatoes are really big, they taste great, and they last a long time.
I often try to find ways to have potatoes (since we have so many) that is different than just your typical diced up potatoes for a side dish, or even mashing them up. So when Jesse and I went to Joe’s Real BBQ out in Arizona for out rehearsal dinner before our wedding, they had this great potato dish that I just had to try to copy. It is a great way to use up our potatoes, it’s super easy, and it involves bacon. (Jesse loves any meal involving bacon!) So next time you are looking at all the potatoes you just got from Costco and wondering what to do with them, here ya go! Enjoy my BBQ Chicken Baked Potato recipe 🙂
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Chicken breast
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Bits
- Green Onions
- BBQ sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream) *optional
- Rinse your potatoes under water until they are nice and clean. Poke holes in your baked potato using a fork. Spread butter all over the potato. And then wrap them up in tinfoil so they are completely covered.
- Place your baked potatoes in the 425 degree oven for about an hour to an hour and a half. Until they are nice and soft when you squish them.
- While your baked potatoes are cooking, put your chicken breast in a shallow baking dish, cover with tinfoil, and place in the oven as well. The chicken will take a little less time than your potatoes (about 50-60mins) just make sure your chicken is fully cooked.
- Once your potatoes and chicken are done, it’s time to start assembling these bad boys!!
- First, shred your chicken with two forks. Place your shredded chicken back in the shallow baking dish and pour in your BBQ sauce. You can add in as much BBQ sauce as you like. I like to get my chicken saturated in BBQ! (YUM!) Then place back in the oven for about 5-10 mins to get the chicken warm again.
- Cut open your baked potato. I like to cut mine right down the middle and spread open so you can put all the yummy toppings on it.
- Once your chicken is nice and warm start by putting it on top of your baked potato. Then on top of your chicken, add your shredded cheese, green onions, dash of pepper, bacon bits (I like to cook a piece of bacon and just break it into pieces, but bacon bits from the grocery store would work too.) and sour cream.