I didn’t in any way come up with this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes. I got them off of this website: http://www.annies-eats.com/ Feel free to check out the recipe there or just continue reading on my blog.
Wednesday at my job, there was a going away party for one of my coworkers. We all went out to pizza, had a few beers, and enjoyed these AMAZING cupcakes! My friend Jessica, actually made these cupcakes and brought them into work. I think I died and went to heaven when I took a bite of one. She is a fantastic baker to have made something so delicious! Everyone was saying how tasty they were to her. There was something about the frosting of this recipe that just really brought the cupcakes home for me. I didn’t even have to ask Jessica for the recipe, I think she could see the look on my face when I was devouring my cupcake, that I needed this recipe! She knows I love to bake too. So she gave me the recipe and I immediately went to the grocery store after work and bought the ingredients to make these awesome treats. Lucky for me, Jesse was having a potluck at work so I thought I could bake them for his work friends. I stayed up pretty late trying to make these cupcakes as good as Jessica’s were. I wanted other people to feel and enjoy these cupcakes the way I did. 🙂 I tasted the frosting over and over, trying to get it as tasty as I could! I finally just settled for what I had (because after all, it was approaching 1am!) and put these cupcakes together. I have to say, I’m pretty proud of the end result! I made a few extra cupcakes for Jesse and I to keep at home, and I just HAD to try one before I went to bed. So there I was, sitting in between my two sleeping puppies on the couch, eating a cupcake at 1am! Good thing my dogs can’t talk because they would have been making fun of everything I kept saying to myself about the cupcake!! I was pleasantly satisfied with the way these turned out. I could have ate maybe three or four more!
I find these a great summer treat! Let me know how you like them if you decide to bake them 🙂
- 1 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 8 TBS unsalted butter, at room temp.
- ¾ C sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- ½ C milk
- 1 C fresh blueberries
For the frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 5 TBS butter, at room temp
- 3 C confectioners sugar, sifted
- zest of a lemon
- 1 TBS of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Directions: (taken from the website above)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour baking powder and salt; whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugar and lemon zest. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and lemon juice.
- With the mixer on low speed, mix in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Blend in the milk. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- Using a spatula gently fold the berries into the cake batter. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared liners, filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pans 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (Makes about 16 cupcakes)
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until well combined and smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until totally incorporated, increase the speed and then beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
(So cute right?!)
(Cupcakes Jesse took with him to work)