Last night ,for dinner, I made Broccoli and Chicken Alfredo. My whole family is Italian, so I know my grandma would have been so proud of my dinner last night. She is a great cook! Perhaps I get some of my love of cooking from her. She loves to make the fancy dinners for my family like prime rib and roast beef, but she is great at making pasta too! She even makes her own Alfredo sauce from time to time. My great-aunt and her son are great cooks as well! My grandma would say that they are better than her, but I’m bias and I have to say my grandma is better 🙂
Now, since my grandma is a great cook she, inadvertently, is a huge food pusher!!! She loves to make people eat until they feel like they are going to explode! I guess that is the normal Italian thing… Poor Jesse, when we first got married, and even before we were married and actually still now, always feels bad for saying “no more” to my grandma. She gets her heart broken when you don’t want to eat her three course meal and also the three different desserts she has. Haha, my grandma is so wonderful though! I miss her all the time living here in Seattle! I liked to think of her while I cooked this meal.
Since I can’t eat very much dairy, this Alfredo sauce is pretty untraditional. But don’t get me wrong, it’s very tasty! Jesse said as he was eating it, “I sometimes don’t like Alfredo sauces because they can be bland, but this Alfredo sauce is not bland at all.” (Ain’t he sweet to me!) If Jesse gives it his stamp of approval, I’m sure you guys will enjoy it too!
- ½ Box of Linguine noodles
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 C Broccoli florets
- 1 C plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ C Creamer (I used creamer because it’s non dairy, but you can use milk)
- 1 C Shredded cheese
- pinch of Chili Pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Cook you linguine according to the boxed directions.
- In a frying pan coated with a bit of Olive Oil, add you chicken. I seasoned my chicken with salt and pepper and a dash of chili powder.
- Once you chicken is fully cooked, add in your broccoli and remove from heat.
- Once your noodles are done, drain them and put them back in the same pot they were in. Add in your broccoli, chicken, yogurt, creamer, cheese and just a dash more of chili powder.
- Mix everything really well together. Let sit for about 2-3 mins with the lid on the pot.