Jesse and I are moving! We are still living in Seattle, but our new place is much closer to our work. It sure is a cute little condo, perfect for Jesse and I and our pups. It has a brick exterior (which I love!) and a perfect little yard for the crazy dogs to enjoy. Its two bedrooms, so our family can still spend the night at our place if they visit and it has real hardwood floors!!
We do enjoy the house we live in now. The neighborhood is quiet, the yard is ginormous, and it’s a great sized place. So at first, Jesse and I were not sure if we wanted to move. We knew the commute was killing us because both of us spend about an hour and a half bus ride, one way, to get to work. We knew that it was getting a bit pricey, and we knew that we would like to be in an area where we were closer to more entertainment. So, with that being said, we thought that it wouldn’t hurt to start looking at places available. Since our lease isn’t even up until August anyway, we thought, why not get a head start and see if there was anything better than the place we are currently living in. I was very surprised to find this great little place so quick, I think we had only been looking for less than a week! We immediately made an appointment to go check it out, and it was love at first sight. As we were driving home from this place, Jesse and I were talking about the pros and cons of it. When we got home, we were still talking about the pro’s and con’s and while I was making dinner we talked more about the pro’s and con’s. We were just so excited about this place, but we wanted to make sure it was what was right for us. Luckily dinner that night didn’t require too much of my undivided attention because our potential new place was getting way more thought put into it. I made garlicky lemony cheesy chicken and it was delicious!
As I was whooping dinner up, Jesse was on the computer, researching the bus route to work, the area, the grocery stores nearby, and how close our church would be. All things check out, and we were thrilled to put in our application and get things started before someone else had the opportunity to grab this condo from us. Our future landlady was so sweet. She replied back to us in speedy record time and within one day of putting in our application, she said the place was ours!! What a giant, wonderful, huge blessing this is for us! Thanks for listening to my random excitement of our new place. It is, after all, where I will be cooking all of my yummy dinners now!
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ C butter
- ¼ C lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ C Shredded Cheese
- 2 TBS cream cheese
- Italian style bread crumbs
- In a small saucepan melt you butter. Once melted add in you lemon juice and garlic powder, mix them well together.
- After your butter mixture is done. Remove from heat.
- Take your two chicken breast and butterfly cut them. I like to do this because it makes it easy to stuff them.
- Place 1 TBS of cream cheese on one side of each chicken breast. Spread the cream cheese throughout the center of the chicken breasts. Then do the same with the shredded cheese. Put about ¼ C in each chicken breast. (feel free to add more cream cheese or cheese. I just can’t eat too much dairy so I only added a bit)
- Then roll the one side of the chicken breast back on top of the other side and secure it with toothpicks. You don’t want the stuff inside your chicken breast to fall out so I used toothpicks to hold them together.
- Place one chicken breast inside the sauce pan that has your butter mixture. Roll the chicken around so the entire chicken is coated really well with the butter mixture.
- Then place it on a plate of bread crumbs and roll it around so the entire chicken is covered in bread crumbs.
- Do this with both your chicken breasts.
- Then place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining butter mixture on top of the two chicken breasts.
- Place in the 350 degree oven for about 45 mins. Until it is fully cooked.