Saturday night Jesse and I went to the movies. We are really big movie people and have a giant collection of movies. So date night Saturday consisted of checking out the movie, After Earth. Now I’m not the hugest sci-fi person. I guess I enjoy some movies that are sci-fi, but I wouldn’t really ever spend money to see a sci-fi movie. But when Jesse told me that M. Night Shyamalan did this After Earth movie, I was on the band wagon, ready to see this movie! We both are huge M. Night Shyamalan fans!! Some people may think that is weird of us, because some people think his movies just went downhill after The Sixth Sense, but I couldn’t disagree more! I really do love all his movies! I think he is very creative and a great director. But anyway, I will get off my little soap box, and say that this movie was really good! It had me thinking about it for a long time after it ended. Will Smith and Jaden Smith, I think, do great. Jesse said he wished there was a little more action scenes in it, but overall he liked it too. I was trying really hard to see if I could spot M. Night’s little cameo, but I either missed it, or he didn’t put one for himself in this movie. (That is one of my favorite things he does in all his movies.)
But any who, since we went to the movies pretty late that night, I didn’t get dinner started until after 9:30pm!! We were starving driving home from the movies, and tempted to just stop somewhere to pick something up. Then I remembered I picked out Southwest Chicken Salad for dinner from our dinner menu! It sure is tasty, but even better, it’s rather quick to make and really easy! So we enjoyed a late dinner together. And pretty much after we finished eating we went to bed, from being so full and tired ha! What a great Saturday night that was!
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and diced into bite size pieces
- ½ C corn
- ½ C Green Peppers
- ½ C Black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ C Salsa (add more if you really like salsa ~ ½ C)
- 1 Avocado, diced up
- 1 C Crushed tortilla chips
- 1 ½ C Shredded Cheese
- ¾ Head of lettuce
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
For the dressing:
- 1 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ TBS Ranch dip and dressing seasoning packet
- A few squeezes of Lime Juice
- Cut up your chicken breast into bite sizes pieces and cook completely. I like to season mine with Cayenne, Paprika and Pepper.
- De-thaw your corn and green peppers. ( I keep mine in the freezer, so if you have yours on hand, skip this step)
- Wash your head of lettuce and chop up about ¾ of it and put it into a mixing bowl. To that add, your cooked chicken, green peppers, corn, black beans, salsa, diced up avocado and cheese. Mix them all together.
- Next crush up your tortilla chips over the salad and mix them in.
- In a separate bowl mix you dressing ingredients together. And then put it together with the salad and mix well.
- If you like spicy, you can add just a pinch more of your paprika and cayenne.
- Once everything is mixed well together, Enjoy!