Every time Jesse and I go grocery shopping we always make sure to buy at least 5,6,7 avocados! Why, you might ask!?!? Because we both LOVE guacamole! I probably make guacamole about 3 times every month. I really enjoy adding all kinds of ingredients to the guacamole to make it a little different. But I could seriously eat guacamole every night, it is so good. Another one of my favorite foods, actually it is probably my VERY FAVORITE food, is burgers! It sounds kind of boring right? Burgers are so simple and don’t require very much spices and seasoning and prep work to taste fabulous! I thought; why not add my love of guacamole, and my love of burgers together to make a tasty, yummy, delicious dinner! So here is my recipe for Mango Guacamole Burgers!
I wish that Jesse and I had our own grill, because the smell of burgers on the grill, while enjoying the summer sun is nothing short of heavenly! But since we don’t, I like to use our griddle we so kindly got for my birthday from my in-laws last year. It still works and the burgers taste great! Honestly, Jesse is the griddle master. He loves to cook burgers for me since I usually cook dinner most nights. So while he was prepping and cooking the burgers, I was making the mango guacamole. If you don’t enjoy mango, just adding plain guacamole will taste great on top of burgers too!
Ingredients: (This recipe is for two burgers. Jesse and I pile the guacamole on our burgers, but if you didn’t do that you could probably get about 4 burgers worth out of this recipe)
- 1 diced up mango
- 1 avocado
- Jalapeno’s (I used the pickled jalapenos that come in the jar. Also if you like spicy add somewhere between 10-12 jalapeno slices. I added 6-8 and it was not overly spicy.)
- Lime juice
- Ground beef for your burgers
- Buns for your burgers
- Cheese if you like that on your burgers
- First, make your burgers any way you would like. Add any of your favorite spices and sauces to your liking.
- For the guacamole, dice up your mango into bite sized pieces, as well as your jalapeno slices.
- Put you avocado’s into a bowl and smash them up until you get the nice guacamole texture.
- Add in your diced up mango and jalapeno. Add in a pinch of salt and ~ 1 TBS of lime juice.
- Mix up until everything is incorporated.
- Place on top of burgers and Enjoy!