Jesse and I moved from Mesa, Arizona to Seattle, Washington a little over a year ago. I can’t believe we have been here for a year already. Time really does fly by! Jesse was born and raised in AZ, while my family is from Chi town, IL but we all moved to AZ when I was only 8 years old, so you could say I was basically raised an Arizonian. My hubby and his WHOLE family just LOVE Mexican food!! I mean it makes sense right?! Living in AZ automatically means you get to have excellent Mexican food whenever you want. Well not so much for me…..you see I’m not a typical Arizonian. I actually DON’T like Mexican food! AHH I know it’s terrible! I get scolded often by Jesse and his family! Ha! I think that is one thing that Jesse really misses about AZ. Living in the Pacific Northwest puts us at a disadvantage for getting great Mexican food because, well it’s really quite far from Mexico…. But believe me; we have some rockin’ seafood!!
But anyways, I try to create some American Mexican dinners for Jesse to have for dinner to try to hold him over until we go visit AZ where he can devour in the real thing! This dinner is called Taco Pizza. It really isn’t Mexican food per say, but it’s a good compromise for Jesse and I. He gets his bit of Mexican food, and I get to make it as American as I can ha!
- 1 tube of refrigerator pizza dough
- ½ can rinsed and drained black beans
- ½ Cup corn
- 1 ½ Cup cook ground beef, drained
- Crushed up tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of pepper
Garnish for the top of pizza
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado
- Sour Cream
- Stretch out your pizza dough onto a pizza baking dish. Place in the 350 degree oven for about 15mins, until it’s almost done cooking. (Don’t cook it all the way because it goes back in the oven for a bit)
- While the dough is in the oven, cook your ground beef sprinkling in the spices until there is no more pink showing. Then add your black beans and corn into the same frying pan. Cook that for just about 5-8mins.
- Once your dough is done, spread your beef mixture all over the top of the pizza. On top of your beef mixture, crush tortilla chips! Just crush enough to get a nice top layer over the beef mixture.
- Then sprinkle with cheese.
- Pop back in the oven until the pizza dough is completely done. About another 10-15 mins.
- Once pizza is done, I garnished our pizza with some shredded lettuce, diced up avocado, half salsa (Jesse loves his salsa, but me, not so much, so I only put it on half the pizza) and then I sprinkled a bit of sour cream on top.